If you have students currently experiencing challenges with their mental health and struggling at the moment, and/or would like to learn the latest evidence based approach to responding to episodes of distress, you can adopt the principles in our ‘Coach 2 Cope’ programs and use the ‘EEY Toolkit’ provided to help you best guide students and bring out their best. Alternatively, you can use the processes in a preventive capacity and enhance your connection to your students to support their overall mental wellbeing.
By attending our program educators will receive;
- Expert coaching in the use of scripts and engagement strategies using an evidence-based framework
- Be trained in a new approach developed from PhD research on how to respond ‘in the moment’ to distress
- Learn how to implement simple individualised support plans (risk management plan) through practical examples
- Be coached on a better way to respond to distress caused from social media, failing, bullying, homework etc
- Your own take home Toolkit to aid you and your colleagues in supporting studentsClick here to enquire or contact us for more information on email@example.com
What others say;
- I’ve been working with Dr Stephen Spencer since May 2018 and since then over 1000 Education staff in the Hunter have attended his training. He builds the capacity of school staff to respond as educators to students who need additional support at school.
The benefit is an evidence-based training program assisting as educators to compassionately hold the distress of young people and respond appropriately. The training also facilitates a gentle shift in mindset that allows school staff to respond quickly and appropriately to the emotional needs of the child in their moment of distress without focusing on undesirable behaviours.
The consistency of the training means we are also reaching a point of having a shared language and understanding about emotional dysregulation, emotional distress and how to be a calm responder.
The greatest challenges I see while supporting students with complex mental health needs now sit within schools who have not participated in Steve’s training.
The difference it makes is significant.
- Catherine Hughes
- School-Link Coordinator Hunter Region – Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service
- The Coach 2 Cope course was an invaluable experience for the Wellbeing Team at our school. Over the course of an afternoon, Stephen and Ben facilitated a series of engaging and practical sessions that equipped our staff with the real-life skills and knowledge to more effectively support students with mental health issues. Stephen’s empathy, compassion and expertise in assisting young people in distress was evident, and the course provided useful and empowering strategies to complement our existing internal and department policies and procedures. I highly recommend the evidence-based training and comprehensive resources that the Coach 2 Cope course provides for all educators who support young people to navigate complex and often distressing mental health challenges.
- Jess Grundy
- Year Advisor and English Teacher