EquiEnergy Youth offers practical evidence based training designed specifically for educators and organisations that support young people from infants to late teens. In the current COVID-19 Pandemic we can deliver our programs online via Zoom for small and large groups that include;
- Child and Adolescent development in relation to their mental health
- How to provide system, team and individual responses to episodes of distress
- How to develop individualised support plans (risk management plans)
- How to help students develop coping, resilience and helpful help seeking behaviours
- Evidence based psychological first aid frame work on how to recognise triggers and apply in the moment response to episodes of distress
- Electronic version of the EEY toolkit that can easily be implemented into your setting
- After program access to Dr Spencer
- Q & A session following the trainingClick here to enquire (leads to subscription page that contacts us) or email email@example.comWhat others say;
- I’ve been working with Dr Stephen Spencer since May 2018 and since then over 1000 Education staff in the Hunter have attended his training. He builds the capacity of school staff to respond as educators to students who need additional support at school.
The benefit is an evidence-based training program assisting as educators to compassionately hold the distress of young people and respond appropriately. The training also facilitates a gentle shift in mindset that allows school staff to respond quickly and appropriately to the emotional needs of the child in their moment of distress without focusing on undesirable behaviours.
The consistency of the training means we are also reaching a point of having a shared language and understanding about emotional dysregulation, emotional distress and how to be a calm responder.
The greatest challenges I see while supporting students with complex mental health needs now sit within schools who have not participated in Steve’s training.
The difference it makes is significant.
- Catherine Hughes
- School-Link Coordinator Hunter Region – Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service